I don’t think there is a better way to start a Saturday morning than with a pancake picnic on the floor, featuring a lot of sun, a lot of fresh orange juice and a bunch of friends. Once again Peppi had found an amazing recipe and even though I was quite sceptical considering it basically seemed like we were frying oatmeal I have to admit I cannot remember having any better pancakes.
The recipe is inspired by this one but we changed it a bit, using self made oat flour (simply blend oats in your smoothie maker) instead of normal wheat flour.
Ingredients for 5-6 small pancakes:
250 ml oat flour (about one glass full)
1 tablespoon baking powder
Â¼ teaspoon salt
200 ml soy or almond milk (or any other milk)
2 tbs melted coconut oil
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
some olive oil to fry the pancakes
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add everything else (except for the olive oil) and add a little more milk if you want the pancakes to be bigger and thinner, a little less milk if you like them small and fluffy.
3. Heat some olive oil and start building that pancake tower.
4. Top them with whatever you find in your kitchen, but my tip is blueberries and some other fruit and this awesome vegan whipped coconut cream. SO good, I want a whole bath of it.
Ingredients for a small bowl of vegan whipped cream:
1 can of coconut milk (left in the fridge over night)
2-3 tbsp powder sugar
1. Carefully take the creamy part of the coconut milk (that usually stays on top above the coconut water).
2. Whip it with the powder sugar.
3. Generously spread it onto your pancakes. Or cake. Or cookie, or just eat it with a spoon.