1. Chop all the veggies and roast the onion, garlic and ginger in some coconut (or olive) oil.
2. Prepare 0,75 l of vegetable stock and put it and the coconut milk in the pot.
3. Add the sweet potato, carrot and some siracha. Wait until the sweet potato pieces are soft.
4. Mix everything with a blender and add some lime.
5. Add more spices if needed and put some cilantro on top before serving. Also goes really well with some fresh bread! Enjoy!
Yesterday we took a spontaneous trip to the beach and it was the best idea in a long long time. I was so happy to be back at the seaside, I almost forgot how beautiful it is, even when it’s 7 degrees and rainy and windy. Or maybe especially when it is like this. I don’t think there is anything more calming and freeing than running at the beach, not caring about anything in the world and just seeing the rough waves rolling in. We walked along the water, had lunch in a cosy beach restaurant and sat in the sand and enjoyed the wind on our faces. This is definitely going to happen a lot more often.
Amazing burger restaurant in the centre of Utrecht, that also offers delicious fish- and veggie burgers. Can be perfectly enjoyed sitting on a bench by a small canal nearby, sharing the homemade fries and watching the city turn dark.
Meneer Smarkers // Nobelstraat 143 (& Twijnstraat 62)
And for more hotspots take a look at the USE-IT Utrecht map, wish I knew about this one before our trip. Enjoyyyy!!
It turned out to be a wonderful warm and sunny day spent with hours and hours of walking up and down the main canal, sitting outside a caf√© enjoying the sun, going on a Christmas present hunt (not so successful) and ending up eating delicious veggie burgers on a bench by a small canal, watching the christmas lights. Everything was just perfect.
Heading home tomorrow, can’t wait for 2 weeks without doing anything, without the constant thought of how long my to do list or when the next deadline is, just watching movies, baking christmas cookies and catching up with old friends. It’s been a while.